Affiliated with the Eastern Province of the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians), the Saint Vincent De Paul Center seeks to provide young people with the opportunity to come to know the Vincentian Charism by engaging in service for and with people who are poor or marginalized in the Philadelphia, PA (Germantown) area; by encouraging the formation of Christian Community; and by learning about Catholic Social Teaching. Youth groups with an ability to work among and with the poor and marginalized, and an openness to form community, are placed into a “Vincentian Service Experience” of around one week. The center can sleep up to 20 people in either private or semi-private rooms. Linens, towels, and all meals are provided.
Young Adult Urban Service Experiences with people who are poor or marginalized
- Typical program is one week
- Shorter programs are available (weekend or overnight)
- We also facilitate larger, ongoing service projects
- The Center can sleep up to 23 people
- Private or semi-private rooms